Cashew Variety - Sizes & Varieties
Sizes & Varieties of Cashew
- First grade: White Wholes (WW)
- Second grade: Scorched Wholes (SW)
- Third grade: Second Scorched Wholes (SSW)
- Fourth grade: Dessert Wholes (DW)
The size of cashews is measured by the amount of nuts per LBS.
popular six sizes (Please ask about other available sizes)
• 180 (nuts per LBS)
• Large Pieces
• Small Pieces
Cashew Variety - Packing Information
- 96 boxes per pallet
- 10 pallets per container
- total of 960 cases per container
- net weight nuts only: 24 000 lbs., 10 866 kg/container
- gross weight including packaging: 25 248 lbs./container, 11 452/kg
- Non-Palletized (floor loaded)
- 1550 cases per container
- net weight nuts only: 38 750 lbs. / 17 576 kg
- Gross weight including packaging: 40 765 lbs., 18 490 kg/container
Cashew Variety - General Information
Cashew nuts are a popular snack and are widely used in recipes, especially in Southeast Asian cuisines. Being seeds, cashew nuts contain about ten percent starch, which makes them suitable for thickening soups of meat stews. In addition, again due to not being a nut in the biological sense, cashew nuts are less of an allergen than most nuts.
Cashew have a far lower fat content than most nuts. The fat they do contain consists of 82 percent of unsaturated fat, which makes the heart-healthy. When added to a low-fat diet, cashews are a good choice for diabetics.